The Relic Downloader is a tool used to organize the speedy download and implementation of patches for Company of Heroes. Using a combination of direct download and bittorrent seeding, we are able to propagate our patches out quickly and reliably.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any way I can speed up my patch download?
- To speed up your download of Relic patches through the Relic Downloader, first turn on peer–to-peer seeding and close all background applications that might be conflicting with the tool.
- Any applications that consume bandwidth may be affecting the speed of your torrent download.
- If you are behind a firewall, ensure that ports 6112 and 9102 are forwarded correctly.
- If you are using a router to connect to the internet, ensure that ports 6112 and 9102 are forwarded to your computer and ONLY your computer. Allowing for the same ports to be forwarded to more than one computer connected to the same router can cause a potential conflict. If you are unsure how to do this, see our Port Forwarding FAQ HERE.
Port forwarding FAQ
- To learn more about port forwarding visit http://PortForward.com. There you will find the information needed to forward the necessary ports for your individual router.
- Be advised that PortForward.com is not an internal Relic site and is maintained by a third party. We are providing a link to the third party’s website solely as a convenience for you, Please be advised that Relic cannot guarantee the validity of the information found on this website, nor do we provide support for port forwarding. We would also like to remind you to only change settings on hardware that you have the legal right to.
Does every computer running Company of Heroes on the same network require the patch to be downloaded?
- On start up, the Relic Downloader will attempt to locate needed patches on your local area network. If another computer on your LAN has already downloaded the necessary patch, the Downloader will use that computer as a source if it is accessible.
- There may be times that a patch has been downloaded but is not accessible. In that instance, the Downloader will attempt to download the patch from another source.
How will I know the Downloader is done patching?
- The Relic Downloader will prompt you to restart the game when it has completed downloading and patching.
The Downloader is crashing/freezing and I cannot figure out why. What do I do?